System requirements to use this site
- The latest version of Firefox from the Mozilla Corporation (recommended)
- The latest version of Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer 11, 10 or 9
- Safari 7, 6 or 5. Safari is included with the Mac OS X; please run Software Update to get the latest version
To check if your browser has these options enabled:
Click Tools > Options (on a Macintosh, choose Firefox > Preferences). Select "Content" from the menu on the top.
- Move or resize existing windows
- Change status bar text
- Change images
Click the "Allowed Sites" button across from "Block Popup Windows." If
"ca.leaderservices.com" does not appear in the list, enter it into the text box
(without the quotation marks) and click "Allow."
Select "Privacy" from the menu on the top. If there is no checkmark next to the "Allow sites to set cookies" option, click the box
to check it. Click OK.
Click Tools > Internet Options (if the toolbar is not showing, click the Gear icon and select Internet Options). Click the Security tab. Click the
Custom Level button. Scroll down to Active Scripting and make sure that
Enabled is selected. Click OK. Click the Privacy tab and select at least Medium (which
is the default; if you otherwise customize your settings for cookies, you
must allow first-part cookies in order for the site to function). Click OK.
Click Tools --> Pop-up Blocker (if the toolbar is not showing, click the Gear icon and select Internet Options, then click the Privacy tab). Either:
- Click Pop-up Blocker Settings. Type ca.leaderservices.com in the box on the top of the screen and click the Add button. Then click Close. Or
- Click Turn off Pop-up Blocker.
Click Safari -> Block Pop-Up Windows to uncheck the pop-up blocker option (alternatively, press and hold Command [the Apple or "flower" key] while pressing "K" on your keyboard to toggle the pop-up blocker on or off).
If you are using a third-party cookie-blocking utility, check the product's
documentation to change your settings to allow cookies for ca.leaderservices.com.
Some documents on this site are delivered in Portable Document
Format (PDF), requiring the free Adobe Reader to view. You can download
a copy at Adobe's
web site. We recommend you use the latest version.
Proxy servers and browser caches
Caching refers to the local storage of web pages on a local school district
server or your browser's cache in order to improve performance. Caching,
however, can disrupt the proper operation of this site. Proxy servers at
your school district should be set to NOT cache pages from this site, as
this could interfere with the proper operation of the site. Additionally,
your web browser should not be set to cache pages:
- Firefox: No configuration change is necessary.
- Internet Explorer: Click Tools > Internet Options (if the toolbar is not showing, click the Gear icon and select Internet Options). Under the Browsing History heading, click the Settings button. Select the option Every
time I visit the webpage under Check for newer version of
stored pages. Click OK twice.
- Safari: No configuration change is necessary.